Friday, October 3, 2008

In Dreams

This is possibly probably one of the first songs where I have to thank Ben Folds and his new album, "Way to Normal" - specifically the songs "Cologne" and "Kylie from Connecticut", of which I ripped the latter's melody as a ghost melody for the song and also stole the line "She closes her eyes" which inspired the whole thing. This song is kinda like my baby, ballad wise, because it just speaks about something I really believe in and a quality I really love, and that's the whole issue of love blossoming. I dunno if it'll make the album, but the concept is something I really like - now I just have to rework the melody so Mr Folds doesn't sue me.

She closes her eyes,
and she's dreaming of the last thing on her mind.
How did he swoop in
And sweep her off her feet?
He closes his mind,
So that she can't read his eyes.
He's always been waiting in the wings,
And he's so cavalier that he offers a grin.
As the frozen rose falls
She's drifting into her helpless unknown.
And how and when does she know
Where she wants to be?
He calms her nerves
Cos she's in a panic
And she can't think straight anymore.
He's always there,
The friend that no one could better.
She closes her eyes,
And it's easy to sleep
with her life by her side.
They never would've guessed it,
But life works in mysterious ways.
He closes his eyes,
On another day, much the same.
Nothing had changed
But his reason to live.
And they feel alive,
For once in their lives,
There is someone who cares.
Stars light the night
As they close their eyes.
As they close their eyes.

No comments: