Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Acknowledgements

I always thought the whole acknowledgements thing for liner notes was a slightly trivial process, yet here I am penning a page after four months of hard work. First and foremost, this thing wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for Andrew McMahon and, in turn, Jack’s Mannequin and their latest record “The Glass Passenger.” That album was the basis for the project as it stands today, and wouldn’t exist otherwise.

While we’re on the music, huge thank you’s to Ben Folds, Something Corporate, MGMT, The Killers, The Academy Is..., Hey Monday, Coldplay and The Fray among others for the huge amount of lyrical and musical inspiration I drew from them which often led to me sitting down and going “I’m gonna write like this artist today.” Music has always been a big part of my life, and it’s thanks to them I constantly strive to write music that helps get people through whatever it is they’re going through.

And so came the time to thank everyone around me: Alyssa, Amie and Anti for always reading my lyrics and giving me feedback; Saskia, Sofi and Azille for putting up with my constant whining about my music some nights and supporting me through it all; My family, of course, for providing so much material I ended up writing about and my friends Calvin, Luke, Adrian and Ryan, in particular, for giving me hope musically to get this thing done.

Last but not least to the girl I call Annie, for being my muse, best friend and everything I needed to get me through the downtime when I felt like maybe this thing wouldn’t even get finished. Without her I’m not sure I’d even be here right now, so this one’s for her.

Lastly, to everybody reading this and everybody who followed the album’s progress: Your feedback kept me going as much as everybody else I’ve thanked, so this one’s for you, too.

No comments: